Most of all, vacuum drying is an industrially used widespread option to dry workpieces and products quickly and without additional heating .
As always, we focus on innovation for our vacuum driers instead of sticking with the status quo! In principle, the procedure is simple: The ambient pressure is reduced, the boiling point of water decreases, and as a result, the residual heat of the workpiece is used to evaporate the water on the workpieces.
This means this process is always tied to the energy, i.e. the heat of the workpiece. Likewise, the quantity of the water introduced determines the effectiveness of the drying process. When the vacuum chamber is completely evacuated, there is little movement around the workpiece. This then requires intermediate ventilation and renewed evacuation.
The vacuum chambers of our vacuum dryers always consist of solid materials, which form the cast of the workpieces. In case of complex loading and unloading concepts, these chambers are made of solid aluminium plates, and the interior space is lined with these as required.
As the air volume is minimal, air evacuation within the shortest time is possible. This means we can always achieve an excess of power of the vacuum pumps. This excess enables a repeated “intermediate ventilation” of the vacuum chamber or drying with permanent artificial leakage.
This drying procedure and the design of the vacuum dryers minimises the cooling and icing over of the workpiece, and the condensate formation that can be sucked up is promoted through the possibility of fresh air supply.
“Hot” workpieces for example at 50°C are not required for the full function of the KNOTH vacuum dryer. Even after cold wash processes at 30-35°C, our vactrains provide perfect drying results.
If the temperature of the workpieces should decrease too quickly after all (for example due to waiting times, long cycle times or similar), we can equip each vacuum dryer with workpiece heating, which is highly efficient, bringing the workpieces to a suitable drying temperature within seconds.
Naturally, the KNOTH vactrain can also be combined with our pre-drying modules (SurfaceAircleaner), to be able to completely dry even absorbent workpieces that have drawn a lot of water.
- Highly efficient drying
- Drying after so-called cold washing (up to 30°C)
- Connected load from 5 kW (nominal power)
- Virtually maintenance-free unit and suction system
- Highest technical availability
- No retooling times
- Automatic flushing of the vacuum dryer
- Design as inline concept, as gantry-loaded system or as special version with several loading and unloading options
- No icing over of workpieces
- Complete gas tightness
- Adjustable artificial leakage
- Maximum fresh air supply for effective condensate formation
- Standardised system
- Maximum workpiece sizes (standard): 450x450x450 mm
- Fast delivery times
Automotive (truck / passenger car)
- Motor: Crankcase, cylinder head, crankshaft, camshaft, connecting rod, balance shaft, turbocharger, pump housing, valve housing etc.
- Gear unit: Clutch housing, gear case, countershaft, drive shaft, gear shaft, gear wheels, shifting fork, shift lever, CV transmission shafts etc.
- Steering: Steering rack, steering gearbox etc.
- Drive: Drive shaft, cardan shaft, quick-release axle, thrust tube etc.
- Chassis: Steering knuckles, half-axis, U-joint crosses, wheel carriers, servo pump, pin fork, track rod end etc.
- Body: Special section tubes, air conditioning compressor elements etc.
- E-mobility (electric motor): Rotor shaft, stator, motor housing etc.
White goods / household goods
- Aluminium housing, pump elements, compressor elements, compression elements etc.